S 4 Ep 6 – Pregnancy in Canada | Ashley from Scotland
This episode’s guest is Ashley from Glasgow, Scotland, who moved to Burlington, Ontario in 2019.
Ashley’s son was born in Scotland – Shortly followed by the birth of her daughter here in Canada. As she’s experienced both, Ashley is here to highlight the differences that she’s noticed when having a baby using the UK’s National Health Service vs. The Canadian Healthcare system.
Together, we chat about:
- UK vs. Canada: Weather, cost of living, retail stores, and beyond.
- What it’s like having a Scottish accent in Canada; including the struggle using drive-thru’s!
- The benefits of raising children in Canada despite losing your support system from back home.
- Pregnancy in Canada: What to expect throughout the medical experience (including choosing your hospital and caregiver, booking appointments, postpartum care, and beyond.)
Links & Resources:
- Join the New to Canada Academy: Learn more
- Download my 50 free tips from newcomers to Canada: What they wish they knew before they moved! Click here
- Follow me on Instagram: @TheNewcomerCollective
Don’t forget to join the Newcomer Collective so you don’t miss out on any of our inspiring interviews and valuable ‘life in Canada’ lessons.
And, if you enjoyed this episode, please let us know by leaving a review on your favourite podcast app – Until next week!