S 1 Ep 1 – Homesickness | Kate from England
Homesickness sucks – and it’s more common than you think!
In this episode, get to know your host, Kate Johnson (@TheHomeWanderers), as she shares her best tips for feeling better when you miss your loved ones and the country you left behind. She also shares the adventure-packed story behind her move to Canada from England. (Hint: It involves a paradise island in Thailand and a tanned Canadian backpacker…)
You don’t want to miss:
- The simple mindset changes you can start making today to ease your homesickness.
- The biggest mistake that people make when going back to visit their native home.
- How to recognise the behaviours that could be sabotaging your experience abroad.
PLUS, how to make more CANADIAN friends! Our stand-in Canadian host shares the secret places where they all hang out…
Links & Resources:
- Download our 50 FREE tips from newcomers to Canada: What they wish they knew before they moved HERE.
- Discover local networking events, clubs & groups near you: Meetup.com
- Follow us on Instagram: @thenewcomercollective
Don’t forget to join the Newcomer Collective so you don’t miss out on any of our inspiring interviews and valuable ‘life in Canada’ lessons.
And, if you enjoyed this episode, please let us know by leaving a review on your favourite podcast app – Until next week!