Are you wondering what it’s like to live in small vs. big cities in Canada? Look no further than this episode’s guest, Mustafa from Pakistan. In this episode, he shares his experience of being an international student at Queen’s University and moving from crowded Karachi to the close-knit community of Kingston, Ontario.
Since making the move to Canada, Mustafa has explored all 10 Canadian provinces and gives you a dose of inspiration to simply “try out” what areas in Canada might work for you. He also explains his career path as a fresh international graduate and his experience living and working in Toronto.
You don’t want to miss:
- All about growing up in Karachi, Pakistan.
- Travelling the 10 Canadian provinces and which ones stood out the most (you might be surprised)
- Moving to London, UK – New York, USA – and then eventually Kingston, Ontario.
- His experience as an international student and the various pressures that they face in Canada.
- Entering the Canadian workforce at the same time as a global pandemic… Bonus job search tips!
- The pros and cons of living in the big cities vs. small towns in Canada: Tight-knit communities, cost of living, and food & event diversity.
Links & Resources: