Dreaming of moving to Vancouver Island? I don’t blame you! We have all seen the stunning ocean and mountain landscapes that British Colombia has to offer… This episode’s guest, Emme, is originally from Yorkshire in England and moved to Toronto in 2016. After spending several months in the bustling city, she decided to pack her bags and move solo to Vancouver Island in search of a more tranquil and scenic lifestyle.
In this episode, we chat about what to expect from life on the island, the differences between British and Canadian driving, applying for the International Experience Canada (IEC) Work Permit, and much much more!
You don’t want to miss:
- Weather in Ontario vs. British Colombia
- Driving in Canada: How to get your license and what to expect on the roads.
- Camp counselling in the USA and falling in love with North America as a result.
- Our shared experience of applying for the International Experience Canada (IEC) Work Permit.
- Keeping in touch with long-distance loved ones.
- Emme’s story of moving to Vancouver Island… alone… during a pandemic…
- Toronto ON vs. Victoria BC and what to expect from life on Vancouver Island.
PLUS, What even is a “British” accent and the various nationalities we get mistaken for in Canada!
Links & Resources: