Third Culture Kids are individuals who grew up in different culture(s) to their parents – and, as a result, develop a connection to not just one but to ALL of these cultures.
In this episode, I chat with Carolina Santos Read, a self-confessed Third Culture Kid. She is a UK-born Latina who grew up in Spain and the USA. Now, she is a singer, actress, dancer and voice-over artist who recently moved to Toronto in early 2020… Just in time for the global pandemic. We chat about the various countries and cultures that have a piece of her heart, our shared experience planning weddings during a pandemic and the importance of taking care of your mental health when moving to a new country.
You don’t want to miss:
- The inside scoop from the life of a busy actress, singer, dancer, voice-over artist…
- Carolina’s favourite thing about each of her cultures: Brazil. England. Spain. USA.
- The truth about how being a third culture kid can lead to confusion around identity.
- What it’s like to have a traditional Moroccan wedding and be able to speak 6 languages with your husband!
- Moving to Toronto and struggling with the lack of community: The importance of talking to a professional about the challenges you face as a newcomer.
- Our experiences with exercising at home post-pandemic and the benefits it can bring.
PLUS, the most important question: Which team Carolina and her family support during the World Cup….!
Links & Resources: