S 2 Ep 2 – Third Culture Kids | Carolina from Brazil, UK and beyond
Third Culture Kids are individuals who grew up in different culture(s) to their parents – and, as a result, develop a connection to not just one but to ALL of these cultures.
In this episode, I chat with Carolina Santos Read, a self-confessed Third Culture Kid. She is a UK-born Latina who grew up in Spain and the USA. Now, she is a singer, actress, dancer and voice-over artist who recently moved to Toronto in early 2020… Just in time for the global pandemic. We chat about the various countries and cultures that have a piece of her heart, our shared experience planning weddings during a pandemic and the importance of taking care of your mental health when moving to a new country.
You don’t want to miss:
- The inside scoop from the life of a busy actress, singer, dancer, voice-over artist…
- Carolina’s favourite thing about each of her cultures: Brazil. England. Spain. USA.
- The truth about how being a third culture kid can lead to confusion around identity.
- What it’s like to have a traditional Moroccan wedding and be able to speak 6 languages with your husband!
- Moving to Toronto and struggling with the lack of community: The importance of talking to a professional about the challenges you face as a newcomer.
- Our experiences with exercising at home post-pandemic and the benefits it can bring.
PLUS, the most important question: Which team Carolina and her family support during the World Cup….!
Links & Resources:
- Visit Carolina’s website: carolinasantosread.com
- Check out Carolina’s IMDB profile and YouTube channel.
- Follow Carolina on Instagram: @carolinasantosread
- Recommended podcast: You’re Welcome with Hilary Rushford
- Yoga meet-up group (Toronto): Newcomers Through Yoga
- Class Pass (gym memberships across various locations): classpass.com
- Download my 50 free tips from newcomers to Canada: What they wish they knew before they moved! bit.ly/freetipscanada
- Follow us on Instagram: @TheNewcomerCollective
Don’t forget to join the Newcomer Collective so you don’t miss out on any of our inspiring interviews and valuable ‘life in Canada’ lessons.
And, if you enjoyed this episode, please let us know by leaving a review on your favourite podcast app – Until next week!