This week’s guest is Fares Khouri from Jordan. In 2007, Fares planned to go to Lebanon for university. However, when civil unrest erupted there, he decided to move to Canada instead! In this episode, Fares shares with us the creative ways that he successfully built up his work experience and how you can use fundraising to build your soft skills and employability in Canada. He also introduces us to his work at Access CCF and their Foreign Credential Recognition Loan Program. If you’re internationally trained, you may be eligible for a loan to help you achieve your career dreams in Canada.
You don’t want to miss:
- All about growing up in Jordan and attending an international school there.
- Fares’ story of having to pivot his university plans to Canada after civil unrest erupted in Lebanon.
- How to use university community and networking to combat homesickness.
- The pressure and mental stress of the Post-Graduate Work Permit: Some simple tips to successfully build Canadian experience on your path to PR.
- The incredible benefits of door-to-door fundraising and volunteering.
PLUS, the Foreign Credential Recognition Loan Program: How internationally trained newcomers could be eligible for a loan to help increase employability.
Links & Resources:
Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any of our inspiring interviews and valuable ‘life in Canada’ lessons.
And, if you enjoyed this episode, please let us know by leaving a review – Until next week!