Canada PR: Express Entry is the most common pathway chosen by skilled internationals in the quest for Canadian Permanent Residency. In this episode, Veronica Wilson from Roots Immigration Law breaks down the application process step-by-step and shares some frequent mistakes she sees that we should avoid. Veronica is an inspirational lawyer who has dedicated her time to changing the narrative around immigration and helping talented refugees to fill labour shortages in Canada. Quote ‘New to Canada podcast’ for a free introductory immigration assessment at Roots!
You don’t want to miss:
- Veronica’s story of teaching English in South Korea and supporting refugees around the world.
- The simple breakdown of the Canada PR Express Entry application process.
- The infamous difficulties getting through to IRCC and some shortcuts to get your questions answered.
- Where to find out about Express Entry pool draws and the profile scores required.
- What to do when you don’t have a document that’s being requested and your submission deadline is looming…
- What other evidence IRCC will accept in place of work experience references.
- What you can do if you’re self-employed or don’t have “traditional” work experience.
- Police Certificates & Photo requirements.
- Bridging Open Work Permits: What criteria you need to meet to be eligible to extend your stay.
PLUS, the big mistake our host, Kate, made when submitting her work experience references!!!
Links & Resources: