S 1 Ep 7 – Canada vs. USA | Surya from India
Canada vs. USA: Canada’s beautiful nature and multi-cultural inclusivity OR the American dream? This episode’s guest, Surya Dhulipala, has lived, studied and worked in both countries. Originally from Mumbai, India, Surya earned his PhD in Texas before moving to Canada to pursue a career in Environmental Science. We talk about his experiences as an immigrant in both Canada and the US and he shares some important advice on climate change and what we can do in our day-to-day lives to help.
You don’t want to miss:
- All you need to know about Mumbai, India.
- What an Indian really thinks about Westernised “butter chicken”…
- Day to day life as an international student in Pittsburgh, Austin & San Francisco.
- The differences between life as an immigrant in Canada vs. USA.
- The questions you should ask yourself when deciding which country to move to.
PLUS, the simple changes you can make in your daily life to help combat climate change: Straight from a PhD qualified Environmental Scientist.
Links & Resources:
- Find Surya on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/suryadhulipala/
- Download our 50 FREE tips from newcomers to Canada: What they wish they knew before they moved HERE.
- Follow us on Instagram: @thenewcomercollective
Don’t forget to join the Newcomer Collective so you don’t miss out on any of our inspiring interviews and valuable ‘life in Canada’ lessons.
And, if you enjoyed this episode, please let us know by leaving a review on your favourite podcast app – Until next week!