Packing up and shipping overseas… Where to even begin? This episode’s guest, Andrea van Niekerk, shares her experience sending a 40ft container from South Africa to Canada and runs through her best tips for saving money and making the process as quick and painless as possible. We also chat about making new friends as an adult and the challenges parents face when helping your children adjust to the move. Andrea is an expat blogger & YouTuber whose passion for her country and helping newcomers is astounding. Enjoy!
You don’t want to miss:
- All you need to know about Cape Town, South Africa, its many languages and Andrea’s top wine recommendations(!)
- Real talk: How to tackle making friends as an adult and the guilt you feel when you hang out with people from your own country.
- Packing tips: What things to bring with you and what can be re-bought in Canada.
- The biggest packing mistake parents make that can affect your child’s transition.
- The simple time-saving tips to make unpacking quick and easy on the other side.
PLUS, what to expect when transporting your pets across the world!
Links & Resources: