S 1 Ep 5 – Starting a Business in Canada | Karla from Mexico
Starting a business in Canada is a goal that many immigrants strive towards. Sometimes, you just need someone to remind you that it IS achievable. Enter this episode’s guest: Karla Briones. Karla is a serial immigrant entrepreneur who helps other newcomers launch and grow successful businesses of their own. In this episode, we learn where her passion came from as she shares her family’s immigration story. Leaving instability and drug cartel violence behind, Karla and her family drove for 5 days in a U-Haul from Mexico to Canada. Their resulting journey of relentless setbacks and unbreakable ambition will leave you in awe.
You don’t want to miss:
- The story of her father’s unwavering determination to recertify as a veterinarian in Canada and open his own hospital.
- The first thing Karla says to an aspiring entrepreneur.
- How to tackle Imposter Syndrome (or what Karla calls: the itty bitty sh*y committee!)
- Where to go to find your “tribe” of fellow risk-takers.
- The simple way to build trust with your customers and boost sales.
PLUS, what a Mexican truly thinks about Canadian “salsa”….
Links & Resources:
- Learn more about Karla’s Immigrants Developing Entrepreneurs Academy (IDEA): karlabriones.com/idea
- Connect with Karla on Instagram: @karlabriones
- Download our 50 FREE tips from newcomers to Canada: What they wish they knew before they moved HERE.
- Discover local networking events, clubs & groups near you: Meetup.com
- Follow us on Instagram: @thenewcomercollective
Don’t forget to join the Newcomer Collective so you don’t miss out on any of our inspiring interviews and valuable ‘life in Canada’ lessons.
And, if you enjoyed this episode, please let us know by leaving a review on your favourite podcast app – Until next week!