S 1 Ep 19 – Your Career Path | Nada from Bahrain
For many, 2020 has been a year for major career reevaluation. We spend a significant chunk of our lives working and we are now increasingly striving for that perfect marriage between what we love doing, what the world needs, and what can be monetized. Enter this episode’s guest: Nada Buhendi, a career coach originally from Bahrain who moved to Ontario 19 years ago. She shares her story of growing up in a dysfunctional family and how she broke the cycle to pursue education abroad as a free woman. We chat about how career passion cannot be ‘found’ but instead ‘developed’, and Nada inspires us to confront childhood trauma and build a solid career path to fulfilment.
You don’t want to miss:
- Nada’s experiences with culture shock and depression when arriving in Kingston, ON as an international student.
- Her empowering tips to understand your strengths, confront your habits that may be holding you back, and find the right career path for you.
- The importance of environment: How to adjust your surroundings to be more in line with your intrinsic needs.
PLUS, how finding the right mentor can be the key to discovering the roadmap to career success.
Links & Resources:
- Connect with Nada on LinkedIn: Nada Buhendi
- Download our 50 FREE tips from newcomers to Canada: What they wish they knew before they moved HERE.
- Follow us on Instagram: @thenewcomercollective
Don’t forget to join the Newcomer Collective so you don’t miss out on any of our inspiring interviews and valuable ‘life in Canada’ lessons.
And, if you enjoyed this episode, please let us know by leaving a review on your favourite podcast app – Until next week!