S 1 Ep 13 – Personal Branding | Nina from Switzerland
Moving abroad is the perfect chance to reflect on who you want to be and to refine your personal branding. Being able to clearly communicate what you do and what opportunities you’re looking for is key when starting over in Canada. This week’s guest is Nina Bader, founder of Creative Kommunikation, who is originally from Switzerland and has lived in Vancouver since 2016. In just ONE month, Nina graduated, moved to Canada with only 2 suitcases, started her first job and moved in with her boyfriend… She doesn’t mess around! In this episode, she inspires us to shake up our personal branding, confidently stand out from the crowd, and grab new opportunities with both hands.
You don’t want to miss:
- Swiss countryside vs. City life in Zürich!
- How the Swiss people put the rest of us to shame with their language skills.
- Long-distance relationship tips: How Nina & her now fiancé spent 1.5 years apart.
- How to be proactive in your job or internship search and find opportunities that many people don’t know about.
- Nina’s struggles with homesickness and saying goodbye to new friends who only stay in Canada short-term.
- Personal branding: What it is and why it’s important.
- Some simple prompts to start figuring out who you are and what you want to be known for in your new life abroad.
- Elevator pitch: How to confidently “boast” about your skills and the closing questions that you should include every time.
PLUS, the best places to taste REAL Swiss cheese & chocolate…
Links & Resources:
- Creative Kommunikation: creativekommunikation.wordpress.com
- Follow Nina on Instagram: @whataboutnina
- Nina’s recommended chocolate: Läderach!
- Download our 50 FREE tips from newcomers to Canada: What they wish they knew before they moved HERE.
- Follow us on Instagram: @thenewcomercollective
Don’t forget to join the Newcomer Collective so you don’t miss out on any of our inspiring interviews and valuable ‘life in Canada’ lessons.
And, if you enjoyed this episode, please let us know by leaving a review on your favourite podcast app – Until next week!